This administration fee is for international students required to make an application for a CAS to extend their Student Visa to complete their current course of study.
This fee includes the cost of issuing a CAS and administration costs for the processing of paperwork/documentation and required record keeping in support of GCU's Student Sponsor Licence.
Do not use this for a CAS for a new course, Doctorate Extension Scheme (DES) or to attend graduation.
It can take 15-20 working days to process your CAS application (but may be longer at busy times).
For more information about the visa process, please visit:
Only make this payment if:-
- you have been advised by our Visa Immigration Support and Advice (VISA) team to make an application for an extension CAS to apply for a student visa because your current visa expires before you complete your course or you need to change to student
- you are an existing student and need to extend your visa to complete your current course. If you need a CAS for a new course then contact Admissions through the contact details on your offer email
- your visa expires in the next 3 months or the VISA team have advised you to apply for an extension CAS now
This charge is for processing the application: we will not refund if we decide not to issue a CAS to you (see potential reasons below), or if you withdraw your CAS application after you submit it.
We may decide not to issue a CAS if:-
- you are not required to be in the UK beyond your current visa expiry date, e.g. your last required attendance is before your current visa expires, or you could submit coursework or sit an exam from your home country
- you have not engaged with, or followed advice from, our VISA team about your visa application
- we consider that you have not made satisfactory progress in your programme
- you have not kept to all rules, regulations and requirements set by us and the UKVI regarding your visa
- you have an outstanding debt to the University
- we have grounds to believe your visa application could be refused by UKVI
If we do not issue you with a CAS but you have now resolved the reason for refusal then contact the VISA team. If they confirm you are now eligible to make another CAS application then you will need to make a new application and pay the appropriate fee.
Any further communication will be sent to your student email address.